As natural cleaning agents created by the fermentation of citrus fruits, jaggery, and water, bio enzymes have become very popular in recent years. The organic solution contains beneficial bacteria that create enzymes to break down garbage, stains, dirt, and bad smells. The bacteria attack the stains throughout the fermentation process to break down the molecules into smaller particles so that it can serve as food for the bacteria and ultimately be transformed into carbon dioxide and water.
- Environmentally friendly and supportive of sustainable living are bio-enzymatic cleansers.
- Traditional chemical cleansers cannot remove stains from narrow gaps and fractures like microorganisms can.
- They are less expensive than hazardous chemical cleaners.
- They promote a zero-waste lifestyle because it is an environmentally friendly approach to maintaining the home.
- The lakes and underground water are not contaminated by the cleaners.
Different types of enzymes are included in bio enzyme cleaners:
Proteases: Capable of dissolving protein-based substances like blood and food.
Lipases: Degrade grease and fat.
Amylases: Degrade all molecules of starch.
Cellulases: Soften the fabric and bring back the fibers’ original color.
- Use it to clean and disinfect a variety of surfaces throughout the house, including flooring, glass windows, worktops, and more.
- For cleaning oily kitchenware, use bio enzymes.
- At home, these can deter cockroaches, ants, and other small insects.
- Spraying a solution of one part bio enzyme with three parts water will deodorize any area.
- It is ideal for cleaning the toilet and sink in the bathroom. Because bacteria can enter small gaps or crevices to eliminate dirt and odors, bio enzymes are strongly advised for cleaning the tiles and grout. Additionally, you can unclog a drain by pouring a bio enzyme solution down it.
- These work well to get rid of limescale buildup on steel appliances and faucets.
- Fruits and vegetables can be cleaned of pesticides and other contaminants with the organic solution.
- These resemble organic herbicides and pesticides.